Live laugh love Grosse Pointe South

Dylan Schoenfield '23, Staff Writer

Growing up, I always believed that love was a feeling reserved for a significant other. This idea shaped my life until I entered high school, and my whole conception of the word changed. I realized how many things I felt love for at once. I made new friends throughout my four years at South and was able, by my senior year, to find a group of friends who I love. I love my teachers, who have helped me learn and grow and have cultivated my interest in subjects that will be crucial to my career in the future.

I love The Tower, who has been the most consistent aspect of my high school year and taught me how to not only write better but to be a better communicator and friend. I love my family, which became very clear after how good it felt to sit and spend a day with them after a long week filled with tests, deadlines, and due dates.

And most of all, I love South for being like a second home for these last four years. The beauty from the outside is matched with the beauty from within, radiating from the staff and students. In the fall, I’ll be attending Michigan State University, where a new form of love will grow for the college, but I will never forget the love in my heart for Grosse Pointe South.