South hockey players gear up for a great season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo by Sophia Stann '20

Photo by Sophia Stann '20

Photo by Sophia Stann '20

Photo by Sophia Stann '20

Cam Buhler '21, Staff Writer

The Boys Varsity Hockey Team is preparing for a strong new season in hopes of reaching their number one goal.

The team this year includes many returning players, along with some  fresh talent. For Dean Therriault ’21, the leadership on the team is very important for the new players to have.

“We have a young team this year,” Therriault said.  “We have three seniors, so the leadership is strong and we just have to show the new kids along and they will start to gain success.”

For new players like David Rivard ’21, joining the team this year was an easy transition due to how nicely everyone gets along.

“I met a lot of new friends and I really like everyone,” Rivard said. “We have lots of team chemistry and everyone is familiar with each other.”

According to Bradley Burdick ‘20, the team’s biggest goal is always going to be winning the state championship.

“To win states, we need to work hard and play as a team,” Burdick said.  “We need to outplay other teams and have good systems.”

The boys start their journey of success and take on University of Detroit Jesuit for their season opener on Friday, Nov. 16.

About the Writer
Cam Buhler '21, Staff Writer

Cam Buhler is a sophomore this year, and this will be his first year on The Tower staff. This past summer he spent a week in Italy. Over summer vacation...