Apple Music is taking over

Hannah DiDio ’25

Apple Music and Spotify, same price but different experience, and for $10.99, Apple Music is worth it. As someone who has used both platforms, Apple Music is the better choice.

The app itself is much easier to navigate, from finding songs and making playlists. Everything seems more organized and more user friendly. In the app, you can go to the library and it will take you to playlists, artists you like, albums and songs you listen to. With Spotify, it is easy to get lost in the app and is more difficult to manage.

Millions of people use Apple products and your apple music is connected to your phone, computer, iPad, apple watch, ect. So it’s fitting to use Apple Music if you have more than one Apple device. Once you have been using Apple Music, they make a station for you based on your top picks, which is convenient for when you don’t know what you want to listen to because a playlist is already made for you.

Spotify has many limits—including adding music that you think you would like to your playlists—but on Apple Music, you choose exactly what you like without listening to ads. If you use free Spotify, there are many ads and you can’t listen to music without one of them blaring between your favorite songs. Apple Music also offers karaoke which is fun to do with friends and family.

Although Spotify had 44.4 million subscribers and Apple Music only had 32.6 million, Apple Music has been updating and gaining more users. Apple Music has more to offer than Spotify and it’s easy for all ages to use. They cost the same but there are more benefits when using Apple Music.