Looking for art

A peek into the process of submitting artwork to the Looking Glass Magazine

Are you eager to become a published writer or artist? Well, look no further, as the Looking Glass, South’s art and literary magazine, is open to all students interested in submitting art, writing or music.

The theme for this year’s magazine is contrast, and students can turn in anything they’ve produced that they think fits in this category. The editions will be printed, distributed and put up for sale in early May.

Once submitted, the pieces of art, writing or music are anonymously reviewed by the submissions editor where the artistic merits, how they fit into the current theme, and other factors are discussed. Once passing these criteria, the club members vote on whether or not the piece should be included in the upcoming edition.

The Looking Glass advisor Harry Campion believes that this is an amazing opportunity for all students to share their hard work and passions, in addition to becoming published artists, which always looks good for future employers or portfolios for certain colleges.

“It gives students the chance to get recognition for their hard work and just to have their work out there,” Campion said. “That’s kind of exciting.”