A trouble-free artificial tree

As soon as Thanksgiving Day is over, many rush to start decorating for Christmas: getting out decorations, lights for your house and—the best part of all—putting up your tree. The holiday season is arguably the most joyful yet busy time of the year. Finding time to complete everything on your to-do list becomes a challenge, especially finding the perfect tree.

With many families having kids in school, while parents work a variety of hours and days, it is hard to squeeze in time to find a real Christmas tree. Many places that sell quality trees require a lengthy drive, such as Blake’s Apple Orchards Tree Farm.

Cutting down your own tree also is a process: finding parking in the busy lot, buying the saw, walking to the farm, and—the hardest bit—having everyone agree on a tree. It takes so long and not everybody ends up satisfied, and you end up asking yourself, was that $200 yearly trip worth it? An easier alternative is finding the perfect length and width of your preferred tree, and ordering an artificial one online available to you all year round. Some artificial trees even come with lights already on them. It works in favor of families’ valuable time, is ultimately cost-effective and looks better while also making everyone happy with the product.

Although the smell of a fresh tree in your house can be rewarding, the effects of a real tree’s needy maintenance are worse. Lighting a candle that has a Christmas tree scent will also still give your desired scent, and needles from the tree are not constantly falling off the tree creating a mess in your house. With an artificial tree, you do not need to worry about watering it every day to make sure it does not die before Christmas day. The convenience and less maintenance needed for an artificial tree are obvious when comparing the two.

Artificial trees can go about anywhere you desire in your house. My siblings and I each have our own pre-lit artificial tree in our rooms, while also having one on the main floor. Whenever it is time to put them up, a quick trip to the basement is all it takes. Additionally, many come with boxes for easy storage. An artificial tree, in my opinion, looks better than a real Christmas tree, for example, the beautifully decorated tree students get to see displayed in Cleminson Hall during the Holiday season.