Tailgate sets the stage for game day

Leading up to the long-awaited rivalry game, South’s front yard was transformed into a vibrant carnival of fun, food and camaraderie as students, parents and alumni gathered for an unforgettable tailgate event on a rainy Friday evening. The festivities were nothing short of spectacular, showcasing the true spirit of the community and serving as a great way to get into the football mood.

A live band took center stage in front of Clemenson Hall, singing songs new and old for everyone across all generations to enjoy. The music served as a backdrop to an array of food trucks that offered a diverse selection of dinners. From sizzling burgers to gourmet Greek food, there was something to satisfy every appetite.

Lawn games added an extra layer of excitement to the occasion. Cornhole, Connect Four and other games popped up all over the front yard, in which many students and families from all across Grosse Pointe participated in. A chin-up competition hosted by the United States Marines was set up at the tailgate where both North and South students could compete for bragging rights.
Families and friends gathered in the array of tents set up, enjoying food and drinks from the trucks and attempting to stay dry during the rain.

As the tailgate started to wind down, the energy was palpable as South students covered in red, white and blue attire began to make their way to the stands eagerly prepared for the football game ahead.
Although the tug of war ended in an unfortunate loss, a successful win over Grosse Pointe North’s football team and a thrilling rush onto the field solidified the night in South’s history and left all South fans satisfied for the sixth year in a row.