Scooping up happiness

The Grand Opening of Treat Dreams
+OPTIONS+GALORE+Treat+yourself+to+any+one+of+the+15+specially-made+ice+creams+at+Treat+Dreams.%0A
OPTIONS GALORE Treat yourself to any one of the 15 specially-made ice creams at Treat Dreams.

The homey atmosphere of the Treat Dreams ice cream shop, which opened on Sept. 8 in Grosse Pointe Woods, will quickly become a staple of my weekend plans. The chain restaurant has four locations in the Metro Detroit area with catering and food truck rentals available.

When first getting to the building, I was struck by the beauty of the architecture of the location. Nestled into the busy streets of Mack Avenue, Treat Dreams is a sight to behold. Although there is yet to be a sign marking the shop on the front, there is a chalkboard welcoming people into the business.

Upon entering the shop, I was struck by the welcoming atmosphere that filled the chilly store. With high-top stools, ordered seating, and low-seated tables, I felt transported to an ice cream shop of my elementary years. Treat Dreams felt like a great place to spend a first date, a night with friends, or a well-needed self-love ice cream run.

Though the shop still had elements that felt like they were still being set up, the classic chalk menu added a nice pop of color to the store. True to the season, it was fully decked out for Halloween with spiders, cobwebs, pumpkins, and cats throughout the building. This fun addition left me with great intrigue to see how the store looks during each season of the year.

The staff was incredibly kind and helpful. They were knowledgeable about the store and its offerings. After talking for a while it was clear that the staff enjoyed working at Treat Dreams and helped the customer embrace the experience. Jumping right into a conversation about their favorite flavors and toppings, the staff was excited to engage with new customers. With practically hundreds of different combinations, the creativity is endless when it comes to what Treat Dreams has to offer. With many allergy-friendly options, this ice cream shop truly has something for everyone.

After trying a few flavors of ice cream, I landed on a chocolate pretzel ice cream with peanut butter sauce, excited to see how it would taste. The ice cream itself was quite good and the topping just added to my enjoyment of the desert. While the ice cream was very tasty, the price was also very reasonable. With such few options to get ice cream in the Grosse Pointe area, the prices are very consistent across stores. Due to the abundance of combinations at Treat Dreams, the prices start much lower than in other stores.

After my first experience at Treat Dreams, I can’t wait to go back and try another flavor of ice cream. With the fun decorations and welcoming staff Treat Dreams will be a wonderful addition to Grosse Pointe and Friday nights.