The essential question of AP prep

Isabella Haindl '24, Copy Editor

Months turn into weeks, weeks turn into days, and days turn into hours; before you know it, Suddenly it’s less than 24 hours before your AP exam and you have not yet reviewed the material. While it is not necessary to be reviewing months in advance, you also shouldn’t be waiting until the last second.

There are several different factors to take into consideration when deciding how you want to study for your AP exams. Depending on whether your AP class is a full year, first semester, or second semester should all be factored into how you will best prepare yourself for the exam.
I take the time to study for first semester AP course exams as I am least likely to remember material from those classes because of the long time gap between the end of the course and the AP exam itself.

Studying for me starts after spring break where I try to review a couple of units each week. It can be hard trying to study for several AP exams, and personally, I decide which ones I want to prioritize so I can focus my energy on one or two exams rather than four all at once. While it may feel impossible to find time to study for exams when you’re trying to keep up with other school work and attending extracurriculars, even thirty minutes a day can help you feel more prepared. Once I’ve finished skimming over old units, the week leading up to the exams is when I dive into the specific chapters in which I feel most uncertain.

Starting to study even earlier ultimately won’t hurt you, but speaking from experience, it can be hard to find the time or motivation when the exams seem so far away. They’ll sneak up on you soon enough and before you know it you’ll be cramming months of learning into a couple of days. While that may not be the most efficient of methods, any bit of review will help you in the long run.