South’s senior’s all night party preview

Elizabeth Pebredy '24, Page Editor

On Thursday, June 9 (graduation night), seniors have the opportunity to conclude their last night of high school with friends by attending the All-Night Party, hosted at Assumption Cultural Center. The doors will open at 10:30 p.m., close at 11, and reopen in the morning with a sunrise sendoff.

Coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 All-Night Party looks a little different than previous years, though the tradition is far from dead. The All-Night Party this year is going to look a lot like it used to, filled with casino games, blow-ups and prizes.

The Mother’s Club, as well as many parent volunteers, will be working hard to enable seniors to have an eventful night to remember with friends.

“We want 100 percent participation as a final sign off,” Mother’s Club President Laura Wholihan said. “That’s our last time together.”

Kids have the ability to win tokens from games like BINGO and poker and exchange them for various prizes, including gift cards and TVs. If casino games aren’t appealing, there are other activities such as escape rooms and fortune telling for students to also participate in.

The intent of the party is for the class of 2022 to end their year with a bang, so all seniors are encouraged to come. The various activities aim to keep kids entertained throughout the entire night, in hopes of finding something they can enjoy. Tickets are $85, and can be purchased on the Mother’s Club website or at the door if necessary.