Upcoming summer sports camps

Ella Pazuchowski '23, Staff Writer

Michigan Football Camps

University of Michigan is offering multiple football camps throughout the summer. The four camps include a “Big Man” camp and three prospect camps. The camps allow you to compete with the best athletes in the country in Michigan’s Stadium. Big Ten Championship coaches, including Jim Harbaugh, will help develop skills, techniques and fundamentals. The “Big Man” camp runs from 12:30pm-2:30pm on June 5th, and it focuses on defensive and offensive lineman positions. The prospect camps are on June 9th, June 16th and June 23rd from 3:00pm-5:30PM. It costs $25 per athlete and a camp T-Shirt is provided.

Grand Valley Running Camps

Grand Valley State University (GVSU) is offering cross country and track camps over the summer. The camps run from July 17th to the 20th in GVSU facilities. The camps will give athletes the opportunity to train with collegiate coaches and professional athletes. The camps will also focus on improving skills related to each aspect of the sport, with field events included. There will also be motivational speakers and presentations, along with bonding games. Athletes can choose to be a resident or a commuter, with prices ranging from $330-$390.

MWA Basketball Camps

Midwest Athletics is offering multiple offensive shooting and skill camps. The camps run from June 21st-23rd and from July 13th-15th. The camps are designed to teach players how to become fundamentally sound and become a better offensive player. The camps focus on shooting, spacing, cutting, dribbling, and effective passing. The camps are directed by South varsity coaches, including Coach Richards and Coach Benard. They run from 9am-Noon for both boys and girls. The camp is located at Basketball city and it costs $149 per player.

Central Michigan University Soccer Camp

Central Michigan University will be having Maroon and Gold ID camps for all soccer players. The camps will take place on June 25th and July 26th. They are operated by Keyton Wheelock Soccer academy. The camp allows players to grow by practicing specific position related drills and gives athletes an idea of what it is like to train as a collegiate player. It costs $100 per player, which includes a camp T-Shirt. The camp will be held on the campus of Central Michigan University.