End of high school through powerful lyrics

Ben Farber, Staff Writer

I don’t know how to explain the impact that music has had on me throughout high school. Backyard concerts, orchestra rehearsals, making songs with my friends. I had a hand in all of these activities throughout high school. That is why I would like to express my thoughts through music lyrics that I live by on a day-to-day basis. These lyrics are inspirational, yet goofy. Thought-provoking, but shallow. At the end of the day, they hold a meaning close to my heart.

“Put a mask on my face, now I look like an emoji.”

That Bladee lyric is exactly how I feel during my final days here at South. Everything just seems unreal and fake, like an emoji. I remember when I was a freshman and thinking that senior year was an eternity away. But, here we are. Although this year has not been optimal in terms of having to wear masks along with other COVID protocols, I will still hold fond memories that I hope will stick with me for many years to come.

“The way I make something out of nothing, I got that from my mama. That’s 100 percent her.”

DaBaby is absolutely correct. Both of my parents have made me who I am. Without them, I would not be in the position I am in today. They have taught me how to work hard while still being able to be myself. They have done everything they could to help me succeed. I cannot thank them enough for pushing me to do my best and helping me with any materials they have.

“I’m unique. I’m myself. I’m funny.”

I pride myself on being my own person day in and day out. That is why this Blueface quote truly speaks to me on a spiritual level. Throughout high school, I did not care what people thought of me. As long as I was happy and myself, I couldn’t care about anything else. I had a couple of funny moments as well throughout my days here. I can’t even explain how many people have come up to me to laugh about the giant poster of my face in Ms. Distelrath’s room.

I am going to miss my days here at South. I am going to miss my friends and great teachers the most. But for now, in the wise words of Bladee:

“Talk to me nice.”