Embrace every second possible

Cam Buhler '21, Staff Writer

Photo by The Portrait Place of Cam Buhler

When I took my first steps into South as a freshman, I was told by many upperclassmen that my time here will fly by and to treasure every moment. When you hear that as a freshman, you really don’t understand how true that is. However, as I write this with about a month left until I graduate, I can confirm that my time at South has felt like no time at all.

I’ve had a pretty strange high school experience to say the least. I’ve only spent two full years here before the pandemic hit. But even with this unusual ride, I’ve made some of the best memories of my life and have made friends I will have forever.

Looking back on the past four years doesn’t sit well with me. It doesn’t make sense to me how fast my time here has gone. I’ve had some of the most fun playing tennis and lacrosse for South. The coaches and my fellow teammates have taught me so much and have created memories I will never forget.

To the boys, I want to say thank you for making the most fun out of any situation. We may not be some teachers’ or other students’ favorite people, but at the end of the day, it’s always been us against the world. I don’t think a day has passed where I haven’t found myself dying of laughter due to some of the nonsense that has been said in our group chat. There hasn’t been a weekend that we haven’t made the most possible fun out of. I’ve made too many memories with each and every one of you that I can’t even keep track. Before we split our separate ways in the fall, we better have one hell of a summer.

To my family, I want to say thank you for blessing me with the opportunities I have been given. I would be nowhere without all of your help and support. I am more than fortunate to be able to go to college next year and I know this next chapter in my life will be the best one yet.

To the underclassmen at South, I know it sucks here sometimes. Don’t take anything too seriously and remember to enjoy these moments. Make the most fun out of everything and don’t let anyone tell you what you can or can’t do in this life.

That’s all from me.