Post Malone concert didn’t disappoint


photo taken by Margot Baer ’18

Margot Baer '18, staff writer

On Thursday the 21st, Post Malone came to the Royal Oak Music Theatre. The venue for the concert was the only negative part of the night. The general admission floor was so intensely packed you could barely move your arms. The opening act, a DJ,  came and went ,but was really there to just warm up the crowd. I would have preferred an artist to have come out and performed live, but Post made up for this disappointment of the opener.

As soon as Post Malone came out, the swarming crowd of fans didn’t matter anymore. His stage presence shook me to my core. His performance was nothing like any other hip-hop concert I have been to in the past.  His first song was his smash hit “Too Young” and he continued to perform song after song from his debut album “Stoney”.  He broke out his silver rhinestone-studded guitar to play “Feeling Whitney”, one of the slower jams from Posts’ album “Stoney”,  and a cover of Nirvana’s “All Apologies”. During the duration of the concert 4 girls in the crowd passed out from various reasons, but this didn’t stop Posty. He asked if the girls were okay while they were getting escorted out by the security, and then continued his set. This showed all of his fans that he is a caring person who will put on a amazing show no matter the circumstances.  


Malone finished the night with his hit “White Iverson”, and proceeded to tell the story about how when he started making music at the age of 12 and how no one thought he would make it as a performer, this continued into the transition of his final song and said “Now when I see all these people they just say “Congratulations””, as soon as the crowd heard this, the theatre shook with excitement, and the intro to the 5 times platinum hit “Congratulations” started playing. Post Malone then proceeded to walk through the security guarded walkway in front of the stage to high five and shake hands with his devoted fans and made his exit out through the side of the stage. As soon as Post was gone the horde of fans moved as fast as possible to get out of the theatre and that was where the night had ended.