Glitz and glamour

Kai Tibbitts ’24
Kai Tibbitts ’24

Each homecoming has its own unique elements, whether it’s the floats or the class themes. One of the most important things is the incredibly different outfits that people wear. Every year there is a trend between dresses and suits. Some years it’s about the color and others it’s about the style. This year there are countless trends for both.Beginning with the dresses, a common theme throughout every homecoming is the shorter, mini dresses. These dresses make homecoming look and feel different from prom dresses, typically longer dresses.

There is also the look of the fabric for the dress. It varies in both color and fabric. A trend this year is silky or sparkly dresses. The silk dresses usually give off a more elegant vibe, whereas the sparkly ones feel more fun. The sparkly dresses can be anything from sequins to glitter or even metallic fabric.Homecoming dress colors don’t exactly have a theme each year. A majority of the time it’s different with each dress. Some of the more common colors this year are black, red, pink, blue, and green. The shades will vary between dresses but overall those are the colors people have been buying the most.

Unlike dresses, suits generally stay the same from year to year. The main colors for homecoming suits are black, blue, and gray. Similarly to the dresses, the shades for each suit are different. Generally, the suit colors stay the same from year to year, which doesn’t leave much room for different trends to occur.

One thing that does change from year to year is the collared shirt that people may wear. It can be any color, however, most people pick a white shirt. Other people pick different colors to make their shirts pop out from the rest of their outfits. It all depends on the color of the jacket and pants.

Ties also change from year to year. Certain people choose to not wear a tie whereas others try to coordinate it with their outfits. A common trend is to pick the tie color to match their date’s dress or even just to tie the outfit together with a different color.Every homecoming’s outfit trends vary, from school to school, grade to grade, and even group to group. There are similarities between them all but for the most part, the different dresses and suits are what make each homecoming stand out from previous ones.