Online stores provide multiple options for perfect homecoming dress

Anamaria Garberding, Staff Writer

DRESSING TO THE NINES
Olivia Kowal ’25 found the dress of her dreams online, as many other students do during homecoming season. (Anamaria Garberding ’23)

With Homecoming around the corner, students are beginning the search to find their perfect dress for the special day. Some may buy two to three dresses in order to find the correct size, then return the dresses that don’t fit. Olivia Kowal ’25 was in luck when she ordered only one dress and kept it, but she believes ordering a few dresses to try on is a good idea.

“It’s good to have options so you can determine what looks best and is most functional,” Kowal said.

In order to run this process, online stores need to have a reliable return policy so girls can return their dresses for a full refund. There are a variety of shops that have reliable, 30 day returns. These stores include: Revolve, Lulus, Reformation, House of CB, For Love and Lemons and Windsor store. Other shops allow exchanges or returns for store credit, such as: Lucy in the Sky, Hello Molly and Beginning Boutique. The popular online dress store, Selfie Leslie, also allows returns within 14 days of purchase with an additional return fee. Sophie Crane ’23 also ordered dresses from Revolve, and the process was simple and easy.

“I ordered two dresses and one didn’t fit me,” Crane said. “So I decided to return the other one and it was super easy.”

Libby Ebenhoeh ’23 also searched long and hard for her homecoming dress. She ordered three different dresses from Revolve, but decided against all three in the end. In order to save money and insure a perfectly fit and stylish homecoming dress, she recommended ordering multiple dresses from websites capable of making a quick and easy return.

“The ones I ordered fit weird and weren’t for me,” Ebenhoeh said. “But I do recommend ordering a few to try on.”