Suiting up for next year’s homecoming

As the 2024 school year comes to an end, class councils are on the hunt, in preparation for next year’s homecoming, spirit week and activities. To ensure the best homecoming yet, South’s student council for the class of 2025 has been sending out polls and getting feedback from their student body, all in preparation for next year’s homecoming.

The class of 2025 advisor, Kendra Caralis has been working with students to fund the theme Saddle Up Seniors. With meetings Wednesday dedicated to planning fundraisers and the signature parents night out, they have raised enough money to plan next year’s spirit pack.

“The junior class just started planning this month for next year, they sent out a survey to the juniors for what they wanted and the top theme they wanted was saddle up Seniors,” Caralis said. “Nothing has been designed yet, like shirts and the float, but they (student council) have been bouncing ideas around at meetings.”

Towards the end of the year, as the ideas start flowing a new crowd floods into the student council, eager to express ideas for the future of their grade. Gabby Klautky ‘25, is planning to become a new member of the student council and is hopeful to express her ideas.

“I’m gonna start going to the student council meetings so that I can ask around what some good float ideas would be,” Klautky said. “I want to bring some good float ideas, and also help people design a shirt for the spirit pack.”

Students similar to Johnny Klepp ‘25, who have been to one meeting, are becoming more interested in the idea of float parties, which occur in the summer. As the school year can get busy, it gives students a chance to find some time in their day to come and help their class.

“I’m planning on going to the float parties this summer to make sure I can help our float look good, I want us to get a lot of opinions from people to help the creativity.” Klepp said.

Caralis has set an organized plan with her advisors, making sure they ensure enough time to plan and prepare for an amazing senior year. From delivering messages you can purchase to send to a senior, or a child dropping their kid off at south while the class of 2025 watches them with many fun activities are some of many activities planned. It’s easy to say the student council is working hard.

“Our advisors all set the schedule at the end of the year, so we have a meeting Tuesday and then after that we plan ahead about six weeks before homecoming,” Caralis said. “We start meetings three days a week in the summer, and then when school starts we do weekends, spirit packs are our biggest fundraiser, but the Junior class is looking in good shape for next year.”