What is your favorite spring sport

‘Phantom’ members deserve praise for hard work

Artwork by Ellie Zak '14
Illustration by Ellie Zak '14

In preparation for their upcoming performances of “Phantom of the Opera,” students involved in the musical have spent countless hours for months rehearsing. The students involved in this production deserve to be commended for their outstanding dedication and commitment to ensuring the show is a success.

Students in the musical have spent hours practicing after school every day and on the weekends since the choir returned from their trip to Italy in February. The time and energy the cast has put into the musical deserves appreciation.

Parent volunteers and students in the Fashion and Fabrics class have also dedicated time to creating costumes for the cast, and others have contributed by constructing props and sets for the show, and driving students to and from rehearsals.

The annual musical at South is an event that attracts attention from all over the state, and has claimed many prestigious awards in the past years. In 2008, “USA Today” named “Les Miserables” the top musical in the state. Other productions have claimed International Thespian Festival choral awards, along with many other awards and recognition.

The students involved in this production have devoted a considerable amount of time and effort into rehearsing, and attending the show is an opportunity students should take advantage of. It is no easy feat to balance school, homework and everyday rehearsals, but the cast has done so in order to provide the area with quality entertainment.

This cast deserves the same support as students involved in athletics receive, as they too spend many hours afterschool and on weekends perfecting their craft. After the amount of time students have put into preparing for this, the show is sure to be enjoyable for all. The all-school musical is an important tradition at South, and it is imperative that students show their support and attend the show.

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.