Crafting through the snow: New club offers ornament making

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jack Michaud and Bridget Clark, both '21, work on their ornaments with help from teacher Tom Szmrecsanyi. Craft Club hosted ornament making Dec. 10 and 11. Photo by Kyle Harrison '21.

Kyle Harrison '21, Staff Writer

The Craft Club is exploding with new ideas and options for students to create their own piece of art and giving students the opportunity to explore their artistic personality.
Ran by advisor Tom Szmrecsanyi, the club had a start last year but truly did not take off till this year. The club is open to everyone and meets after school in the IA building.
Dec. 10 and 11 the club offered the opportunity for students to make ornaments.
“This club allows students to get into certain aspects of the craft, and it’s also good practice for kids just starting to work with clay and to make these ornaments,” Szmrecsanyi said.
Providing students with the opportunity to work with different utensils in a safe environment with an advisor in the room. This club is also not time consuming you make your art and come back and you art has been molded into what you have sculpted.
“My personal desire for this club is to have core members like today who are willing to share their projects so we can have projects like these ornaments,” Szmrecsanyi said.