Students take uncommon classes at South

Grace Reyes '19, Pulse Feature Editor

Carl Griffin ’17

“Forensic Science is a new class and it was pretty interesting. Lots of stuff you would see on TV that you get to do in the class like, blood spatter analysis and ballistics, looking at bullets and stuff. The final as well was really cool, because she set up a crime scene in Clemenson hall. That was really fun to do. I just find lab analysis to be very interesting. It’s not a blow off class but there isn’t much work to do (either).”

Anthony Kolesky ’17

Anthony Kolesky ’17

“In Film Lit. you basically watch movies, then analyze them, and understand their message. You also analyze them technically, we are learning about bigger themes in film and how to produce. I liked the class a lot. At first it was kind of slow then once you got used to the way you’re watching these movies and the fact (that) you’re watching them twice, it becomes really interesting.”

Vincent Cracchiolo ’19

Vincent Cracchiolo ’19

“I enjoy Pastries because I learned great skills in the kitchen and the people in my class were really nice. Mrs. O’ Hare was always really enthusiastic and excited to teach us something new. She is one of my favorite teachers here at South. Pastries is a class I would recommend to anyone who’s interested in learning how to bake.”

Maddie Kolomjec ’18

Maddie Kolomjec ’18

“In Exploring in Global Issues, you pick a global issue that you think is important and how you can solve that issue locally, which will help eventually. Solving global issues locally is important because that’ll help later globally. It’s important for everyone to take this class because I think our generation will be the one that solves these problems, like pollution and hunger. It’s a good feeling to be able to help through service.”