Happening Now

Ohio State logo -- on Monday, a student of the university attacked his fellow classmates with a knife.

Creative Commons 2013 Ohio State Buckeyes logo by Buckeyes1186 is licensed under CC, and does not meet the level of originality necessary to qualify for a copyright license.

Ohio State logo -- on Monday, a student of the university attacked his fellow classmates with a knife. Creative Commons 2013 Ohio State Buckeyes logo by Buckeyes1186 is licensed under CC, and does not meet the level of originality necessary to qualify for a copyright license.

Kaitlin Nemeh '18, Staff Writer

Attack on Ohio State University Campus

On Monday morning an attack occurred on the campus of Ohio State University. The attack was perpetrated by a student, identified as Abdul Artan, who drove his car onto the sidewalk, busy with pedestrians. He then got out of his car and proceeded to  slash people who walked by him with a butcher knife. 11 people were injured in this attack, including students and faculty members. The suspect was shot and killed by a university police officer within minutes of the attack.

Fidel Castro Dies at Age 90  

Fidel Castro, the chief commander of the Cuban Revolution, died on Friday, Nov. 25, at 90 years old. Cuban citizens were able to attend a memorial service on Monday and Tuesday, and a mass, open to the public, was held on Tuesday evening. Castro’s body will be cremated and his ashes are planned to travel around the island, taking the same route that he took in 1959 after gaining power.

This Year’s Winter Expected to be Colder Than Normal

This winter season has been predicted to be colder than usual, by climatologist Judah L. Cohen. He is known around the world for his unconventional model of forecasting weather. Cohen has been correct in predicting the past winters six out of seven years. He makes his predictions based off of the amount of snowfall in Eurasia, rather than other forecasters who look at the temperatures in the Pacific Ocean.

Korean Dentist Ordered to Jail After Causing Fight On Airplane

A Korean Air passenger, Kwon Woo Sung, has been sentenced to prison for three years after pleading guilty to fighting a flight attendant on an airplane. The flight was in April 2016 from Seoul to Guam. Sung fought the flight attendant after he wasn’t served beer, and he also has been accused of smoking in the bathroom of the plane. Sung’s lawyers have defended his actions by claiming that he is a victim of anxiety, depression and anger issues. Although he has been ordered to three years of jail time, he has already served seven months of it under house arrest and federal detention. In addition to the jail time, he must also pay fines up to $10,500.

The Economy Has Grown 3.2% in the Last 3 Months

The U.S. economy has had strong growth in the third quarter, and has done better than it was initially expected to by 0.3 percent. This quarter has been marked as the best growth in the past two years. After the presidential election, many predicted that the economy would see major decreases with president-elect, Donald Trump, but they are seeing the opposite. Forecasters are predicting that from October to December (the fourth quarter) the economy will grow to 3.6 percent.