The Student News Site of Grosse Pointe South High School

Bridal Fash Bash fundraiser for Full Circle

Graphic by CHRISTY FLOM '13 | Clubs Editor. The Bridal Fash Bash fundraiser will take place at the Full Circle store on Kercheval and Lakepointe.

SAM METRY ’13 |Page Editor

Full Circle is hosting its second Bridal Fash Bash this year on Feb. 4 at the War Memorial, said Special Education teacher and Full Circle on-site teacher Ann Marie Bokatzian.

The Bridal Fash Bash is a fundraiser that Full Circle has so they can afford to hire job coaches and special needs students, Bokatzian said.

“Fifty students will be participating as models in a fashion show along with 15-20 other students who will be selling tickets and helping the models get in and out of the clothes,” said Bokatzian.

At the Bridal Fash Bash, students will be modeling bridal wear along with tuxedos and will be participating in a runway walk, Bokatzian said.

“Full Circle is all about our developmentally disabled students and citizens in Grosse Pointe and Harper Woods,” said Bokatzian. “We want to raise enough money so we can hire students and give them a place to work and spend extra-curricular time.”

To raise money, Full Circle is also doing a 50/50 raffle so the store can hire job coaches and special needs students to work at Full Circle, said Bokatzian. Tickets are $10 and 1,000 are being sold with the winning ticket being selected after the fashion show. Tickets can be bought at Full Circle, which is on Kerchival and Lakepointe. There will also be a silent auction and a tin can auction at the event.

Special Education teacher Carrie Halliburton is participating in the event for the first time this year as a photographer. After the Fash Bash, the photos will be posted to Halliburton’s website cghphotography.com.

“(There have been) amazing results in the past,” said Halliburton. “It’s a great event and I’m excited to be helping out.”

This is the second time that Full Circle is having a Bridal Fash Bash, Bokatzian said. The first was in 2009 and was directed by retired Grosse Pointe North art teacher Mary Fodell. Last year, Full Circle hosted a fundraiser called Raise the Roof at the Yacht Club.

This semester, Full Circle is employing 16 South students, said Bokatzian.

1 Comment

One Response to “Bridal Fash Bash fundraiser for Full Circle”

1. Sam Metry on January 20th, 2012 2:22 pm

An excellent story by an accomplished writer.

[Reply]