The Student News Site of Grosse Pointe South High School

The Tower

Five best fitness apps to help you get fit

The 7-Minute Workout for Busy Professionals (Apps) by Amit Agarwal is licensed under CC BY 2.0

Staying fit during the offseason and the summer may seem difficult, but with these apps, getting daily exercise in is a breeze. Here are the top five fitness apps to keep students active:

Seven

This app is a great way to challenge yourself and get a daily, seven minute workout in at home. With no equipment needed, Seven is an easy way to exercise anywhere, even at home. Seven includes guides and notes to make learning the workouts as simple as possible, so anyone can complete a workout. The app also allows the user to set goals for periods of time and earn rewards the longer you work out. There’s even an option to reach goals with friends, keeping you motivated to get your seven minute workout in.

Charity Miles

Charity Miles is an easy, fulfilling way to get fit and give money to various charities while you exercise. The more you walk, run, or just carry your phone around, the more money the app gets to collect for charities. The app works with Fitbits and other activity trackers, so even if you don’t have your phone, the app will track your movements. The app is a great way to motivate users to get more active, since the more steps you take, the more money goes to charity!

Today

Today is a tracker that helps users to reach their fitness goals. The app is easy to use and has check in options for users to customize to their personal preference. According to the company, their goal is to create good habits through constructive goals that focus on progress and positivity. With charts, counters, to do lists, milestones, journals and more, Today has a variety of ways to reach their goals in a positive format that motivates users.

YogaGlo

YogaGlo is a simple, fun way to learn yoga and offers individual options for users to choose what option they want on a particular day. You can also follow yoga instructors and see classes they post, making it easy to keep up to date on new workouts. The app guides you through the classes, and schedules new posts that are to be completed throughout the week. In addition, you can “level up”, so users can increase the difficulty as they work out for longer.

Sworkit

This app is an easy and customizable way for users to get their daily workout in. Sworkit offers three different programs: “Leaner”, “Fitter” and “Stronger”, and has different workout plans for groups of different experience levels. The app is perfect to use wherever you go, whether it’s at home or on vacation. With the option to customize your own workout, users get to choose what kind of workouts they like and don’t have to suffer through workouts that aren’t fit for them.