Breakfast Club gives students a chance to bond over breakfast

Photo by Griffin Jones '18

A breakfast burrito made during Breakfast Club. The club meets Thursday mornings in room 145 at 7 a.m.

In the halls of South on Thursday mornings, students can smell the delicious scents of homemade breakfast, thanks to South’s very first Breakfast Club, a club where members can enjoy a cooking experience before school.

Club founders Anna Clark ’18 and Sal Cracchiolo ‘17 came up with the idea of Breakfast Club together.

“Sal Cracchiolo on spirit week senior day cooked breakfast outside and then they said it would be really fun to do. And I said what happens if it gets really cold and they decided to use the room.” Teacher advisor Mrs. O’Hare said.

Cracchiolo was determined to keep making breakfast throughout the rest of the school year.

“The whole idea is that people come and help each other make breakfast,” Cracchiolo said.

Breakfast Club members can share their love of food, while getting the opportunity to meet new people that have the same common interests, according to Clark.

“We make breakfast and make other foods too, with the help of other students,” Cracchiola said.

Breakfast Club meets once a week on Thursday mornings in Mrs. O’Hare’s room 145, and prepares and serves breakfast to its members.

“We plan to make more advanced dishes and we don’t want to limit ourselves just to breakfast,” Cracchiola said. “It’s supposed to (be) more of a learning experience, not just about breakfast but more about cooking.”

So far the Breakfast Club members have made a wide range of breakfast foods, including pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon and french toast, according to Clark.

“Whatever they want to do it is up to the kids; they are in charge,” O’Hare said.

Breakfast club is a place where students can gather of all cooking backgrounds, to come together to make breakfast before school.