Apple orchard experience puts students in the festive spirit

Four South girls let the “spirit” move them. Photo by Gillian Eliot ’17.

Gillian Eliot, Staff Writer

Fall will be coming to an end before we know it, so completing fall activities should be at the top of the to-do list. This past week I went on a fall adventure with four of my closest friends to Blake’s Cider Mill. We went apple picking, rode a hayride, went to the pumpkin patch and of course had donuts and hot cider. It wasn’t very busy because we went in the middle of the day on a weekday. However, from past experiences, the weekends can be very crowded.

Other than apple picking and hayrides, they also have haunted houses, corn mazes and a barnyard funland for children. Their apple orchard is filled with dozens of different apple types and they even have multiple vegetables to pick too. They hand make their donuts and cider each day so everything is always fresh when you buy it. Prices are pretty low too, making it the perfect event for a crisp fall day. Blake’s also has a restaurant and winery, making it a good time for all ages.

Blake’s is very fun whether it’s daytime or nighttime. I prefer going at night because of the haunted hayrides, corn maze and house. There are multiple apple orchards in Michigan, but my top apple orchard is Blake’s because of the activities and food they sell. Blake’s apple orchard is in Armada, Michigan, so it’s a little bit of a drive, however it’s definitely worth it.